Thursday, January 21, 2010

you're covered

On Sunday, I was cleaning the house and trying to get things ready for the week ahead. I was getting frustrated because every time I turned around, there was another mess. Dolls, coloring books, bottles, burp cloths and power tools….you name it, they were everywhere. I got in a snippy mood. I was just sick of my house being so dirty. I snipped at John and Lily. Claire thought it was funny, so she just smiled at me. I went and laid Claire down in her bed and then I lay in the floor next to her. I was just pooped. I didn’t even really know why I was in such a mood. I lay there and closed my eyes…

In a few minutes I heard Lily tiptoe in the room and tell Claire, “shhh….momma’s sleeping.” Again, Claire laughed! Lily went to Claire’s closet and got a hot pink blanket out. She walked over and gently covered me up. Then she bent down, kissed my cheek and sat next to me. Man, did I feel awful.

All day I had been snippy to my sweet girl. But, she didn’t remember any of that. All she saw was that I was resting and needed a blanket. Lily shows me Jesus more abundantly than any other person I know. We get snippy with our Savior, we disobey, we gripe and complain to Him all the time. We don’t live as we are supposed to, we expect perfection on His part. We are so undeserving of His greatness. And still, when we get tired and lay down at the foot of the cross – HE is the first one to cover us in a blanket of His love. He doesn’t think about our mistakes or our ungrateful hearts. He just sees that we are tired and we are in need…

Today even if you are being snippy to our Huge God, rest in the fact that He is big enough to see past it all. He sees straight into your Spirit. He knows what you need - - will you allow Him to cover you up today?

No comments:

Post a Comment