Thursday, January 21, 2010

the lights

So, Friday night I was driving to the football game at Alex. John kept calling to make sure I wasn’t lost….as if I actually get lost!? The last time he called he said, “just look for the lights.” I love small towns and football. It is true that if you are ever lost in a country place on a Friday night…look for the lights. Sure enough…you will be found.

Today I was thinking about those lights and wondering if my love for Christ shines as brightly as the football lights. Matthew 5:14 reads, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden” I am called to be that city on a hill. When there is a lost soul around me…they should see His light in me. When a sister or brother in Christ is struggling, I am called to help them find their way out of the darkness. How brightly do you shine for Jesus? Is your love for Him overshadowed by the fear of others opinions? Are you living the shadowy life or are you that City on a Hill?

This weekend when you see those football lights….ask yourself…could I be the light to lead someone to Christ…and if so…am I constantly shining?

No comments:

Post a Comment