Thursday, January 21, 2010

lessons

This weekend, I called to chat with my Nanny. I caught her just as she was in the middle of cooking a big pot of chicken and noodles. I was of sad, because I wasn’t at her house to eat with her! After we hung up I decided to challenge my cooking skills. I got out all the stuff I would need to make the meal, just like Nanny does. Thankfully, I had all the ingredients, whew! I let Nanny’s voice play in my mind as I began the process. And, using the lessons I had been taught by my grandmother, I did it - I successfully made chicken and noodles!

God expects nothing less from us. He teaches us lessons and then watches as we grow and apply them to our lives. Thankfully, He has amazing grace and patience if we need to be taught more than a few times. As I let His Word sound in my soul, I wish I could say that I consistently apply those Words to my life. Today, my prayer is that I will let His truth resound in my life and in turn live out the lessons He has taught me…

No comments:

Post a Comment