Monday, January 25, 2010

just barely

This morning I was walking through the parking lot and a noticed something odd about a car near me. The passenger side mirror was just barely hanging on. It was just dangling beside the car. I just stared at it and kind of laughed. It was at that moment that the owner of the car said to me, “it hasn’t fallen off yet…so I just leave it.”

As I walked my mile hike from parking lot to office, I thought about how my life so often looks like that mirror. I am just dangling. And I get comfortable there because nothing too bad has happened to completely break me. Why do we live like this? Why do we go through life dangling when we have power of the Risen Savior living in us?

He doesn’t call us to live our lives just barley hanging on - If that is you today….let go. Let go and give it all to Him. He died that we may have life, and life to the fullest.

**Barrett update** He is doing well! Just talked to Sherri - they will be doing tests today to check his blood vessels. He was taken off his C-Pap which is a great thing. His at birth measurements were 1 pound 1 ounce and 12 3/4 inches long. God is huge! keep believing for Barrett!

No comments:

Post a Comment