Thursday, January 21, 2010

believed as truth

Yesterday I received an email from someone that really hurt my heart. I couldn’t help but read it. I read it and re-read it. It was full of hurtful words meant to cut me to my very core…and it did. I read the words and accepted them as truth. I carried them with me all day. I thought about it all day and into the night. About 330 this morning I finally let God’s truth soak into my soul. He reminded me that a lie believed as truth becomes the truth in my mind. He spoke His word to my heart. Take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ. I was able to take those horrible words and make them obedient to Christs truth.

Today what lie are you believing as truth? Is satan trying to convince you that you are less than a precious child of God? Romans 1:25 reads They exchanged the truth of God for a lie. What truth are you exchanging and what are you exchanging it for? Whatever it is, it is not worth it. God’s truth is perfect and unwavering.

No comments:

Post a Comment