Thursday, January 21, 2010

get real

A little while ago, I was talking with some friends in my cube! We were talking about decorating and outdoor renovations. Love that kind of discussion! Something came up and all of a sudden I was teary-eyed. Stink. I am usually very good at hiding things….ok, everything! But I looked at the ladies in my cube and realized that I have no ability to fake anything in front of them. Stink again. As they walked away, I let the tears fall and ran to Jesus with a piece of my heart that I sometimes forget is broken. He listened and reminded me how perfectly He places people in our lives. Yes, be real with Jesus all the time, but remember we have been put here to love one another. To be real with one another. Allow me to ask you a question: when was the last time you GOT REAL with someone? When have you let down every wall you have and showed someone your greatest hurts? If it has been awhile, let me encourage you to run to someone and let it all go. There is great freedom and healing when we stop trying to hurt all on our own….

No comments:

Post a Comment