Thursday, January 21, 2010

sorry

On Saturday I caught Lily doing something she was not supposed to be doing. She said, “sorry momma.” Okay – I started to walk away and she did it again. Stinker. I was just about to get onto her when this thought ran through my mind. Are you really sorry if you keep doing it?

I wanted to get angry with Lily, but God needed me to listen to Him. He was aching to speak to me and I wasn’t listening. So like many other times, He used my daughter. When you have sin in your life, do you say you are sorry just to clear your heart? I do. But there is a vast difference between being sorry and being repentant. Too often I take advantage of my Christianity. I think I can just say I am sorry and walk away. But let me tell you friend, until you are truly repentant….the sin remains.

Today don’t just be sorry. Let the Savior of your soul bring peace to your truly repentant heart…

No comments:

Post a Comment