Thursday, January 21, 2010

another way

Yesterday I was at the hospital training for the job I will be doing there. I had to use the ladies room so off I went. As I was walking back from the restroom a lady said to me, “you know there is a much easier way to get to the restroom.” Hmm. I knew there was an easier way but I was confident in the way I went. I knew the route and I knew I would not get lost as I might have trying to go the shortcut way through the maze that is Comanche County Hospital! I thanked her and went on my way.

On the way home I began to think about her comment and about my spiritual journey. On my journey there have been opportunities to take easier and faster routes. It is always tempting to take a short cut….to do things my way and get there as fast as I can so I don’t have to wait on God’s timing. But it never fails that when I do that I end up lost. My salvation is always secure but the plan for my life then has to be re-routed to get back in line with God’s path. Today I am praying that I remember what that lady said to me. I am praying that even when I see a short cut in life….i will stick to the path I am confident He has laid for me. Why get lost in a maze when His way is right in front of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment