Thursday, January 21, 2010

prevention

This morning sweet Claire had to go to the doctor. He said she has a throat infection. He gave her strong antibiotics to prevent it from going to her ears. A soar throat for her leads to infections elsewhere which can effect her asthma. Pray for sweet Claire.

I was reading over the prescription and thought about the sin in my life. It starts with something small…but inevitably leads to something else. Does this happen in your life? You think, oh I can handle a little….no big deal. I will just take one drink…I will just tell this small lie….i will just take one step off the path…Then before you know it you are in the grip of satans stronghold. Many times when this happens in my life I realize that I hadn’t covered the possibility of that sin with prayer. I know my weaknesses and I cover them with prayer daily. I learned the hard way that any area of my life not covered by prayer and protection from my Father leaves me wide open for Satan’s schemes.

My hope is that, like the doc, you will take preventative steps to guard you heart from the strongholds of sin -- Get in the Word. Pray protection over you life so that satan has no way of getting in. Because as strong as satan is….He is nothing compared to the Almighty..

No comments:

Post a Comment