Thursday, January 21, 2010

todays

Yesterday a friend of mine was inquiring as to when I was going to send out the devo. I said, ‘ I did’ (at the time I didn’t know I really hadn’t sent it! Oops) She said, “oh I probably read it and passed it on….” Love people sharing the devos! I thought about what she said. For some reason it wasn’t sitting well with me. Of course, the Lord had something to teach me. I prayed about the feeling that was sitting heavy on my heart. His response….

That is what you do Meagan. You read my Word but you don’t remember that you read it. You might even pass it on to a friend, but did you let it sink into your Spirit. He then let His Word speak to my heart. James 1:22 – 25 reads “ Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does”
If I am merely reading His Word because I am supposed to…what is the point? If I do not let His Word guide my every step and penetrate my heart to its very core…why read it? Read His word to praise Him. Read it to hide it in your heart. Read it to LIVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment