Thursday, January 21, 2010

on E

On the way home from work Monday, I noticed that I was almost out of gas. It was beautiful Monday afternoon – I should have stopped to gas up. My light came on about 5 miles from the house. I passed the gas station knowing I could make it home and back before I ran completely out of gas. I was not at work yesterday, so when I hopped in my car this morning to come to work there it was. The fuel light on and the gage resting below E.
So I had to stop…in the rain…and fill up this morning.

The craziest thing about all of it was that I had the opportunity to fill up on Monday, when it was beautiful outside. But, I didn’t. The Lord prompted me with a question this morning. “Are you doing the same with your spiritual life?” stink.

Do you run on E spiritually? Do you pack your schedule so full that you don’t notice you are almost out of fuel? Are you like me? You notice that you are on E, but you don’t take the time to meet with Jesus and refill. Most of the time I am so worn out from all my Godly activities that I am too tired to meet with God - - see the problem with that?

Today my prayer is that I will not let my life run on E. I will take time to meet with Jesus before everything else and trust that He is enough to fill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment