Thursday, January 21, 2010

don't see me

Yesterday Lily was playing in her room. She had been quiet for quite a long time (not usually a good sign!). I walked back to her room and when she saw me she backed into the corner and said, “don’t see me momma. Don’t see me.” Uh-oh. We have been working on potty training and she is doing so well! She hasn’t had many accidents at all. Yesterday she did. She was sitting in a mess and did not want me to see it. I walked over and picked her up…mess and all. She was crying. We talked about how accidents happen and we got her all cleaned up.

As parents in these situations, we have to see the child behind the mess. Lily was afraid I would be mad. She was ashamed of the mess. How many of us live our lives as children in potty training? I do all the time. I find myself in a mess…ashamed and wanting to hide from My Father. When He sees me He bids me to come out. He picks me up without hesitation. He does not fear the mess. He is not ashamed of me. He loves me through the mess and the clean up process. Today if you are telling God to “not see you” it’s time to stop. Come out of your corner. All Your Father sees is the child behind the mess and he is waiting to help you clean up and start over…

You are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment