Thursday, January 21, 2010

let the love in

So, here I am working away listening to my ipod shuffle – Keelee put all new music on it so it is like a surprise every song! Love that! Well, I just heard a Rascal Flatts song and one of the lines said - - hold on as tight as they’ll let you - - I played the song over about three times. Something about that line really made me think about how God loves me. He loves me unconditionally without hesitation or reservation. He gave His one and only Son for me. But His love for me only penetrates as far as I allow it to. Being the gentleman that He is, He will not push His way into my life. We tend to compare our human love with God’s love for us. We get hurt by people and we put up walls. When we do that, we inadvertently put up walls that block out God’s love also. We “protect” ourselves from hurt, but really all we are doing is shielding ourselves from all the love there is to be received. And when we block love, we have less love to give. Today, look at your heart. Are you letting God love you and hold you as tight as He can?

No comments:

Post a Comment