Thursday, January 21, 2010

missed it

This weekend we had a youth event at church called IMPACT. It was awesome! So many decisions made for Christ. On Sunday morning, the band that had been leading worship all weekend did the Sunday service also – instead of the choir. An elderly lady came and sat next to us. As soon as she saw the drums and the guitars she said, “I hate this kind of music.” I was so angry. As the band played the lady scowled. My anger disappeared and I was broken hearted for her. Because she was so intent on showing her disapproval for the music, she missed the words that were being sung. She missed seeing 100+ high school students worship in reckless abandon to their Savior. She missed seeing the tears stream down faces of lives that were changed. She missed Jesus.

The truth is, I do the same thing. When I met a few of the students this weekend my first reaction was “hmm…this one is different.” Thankfully, God shut me up quickly and gave me the opportunity to see Him shine in every student…even the ones I thought were odd. I pray that I will not miss one second of the sweet message of Jesus because I am too wrapped up in the package it comes in…

No comments:

Post a Comment