Thursday, January 21, 2010

his glory

Yesterday I was in the waiting room at my doctor’s office. There was a really pretty picture on the wall that I was admiring. A young lady said, “my dad made that…isn’t he amazing?” The part about her statement that I loved was that she immediately gave the praise to her dad. My heart sunk a little as I thought about my day.

Someone said, “you have a beautiful smile…” I thanked them and went about my day…as if my smile is my own. I didn’t even pause to thank my Creator for giving me a smile to share. Mother nature takes the glory for the beautiful weather…john and I take the glory for our beautiful girls…the doctor gets the praise for fixing Claire’s ears… When did we stop glorifying the giver of all life? God gave me my smile…He created my gorgeous girls…He gave the doctor the gift of healing…He made the sunshine

My prayer is that today I will stop and give Him the glory. My Father is amazing…and I need to tell Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment