Thursday, January 21, 2010

walking with my dad

Friday night I went to the football game to cheer on the Bronchos! I was watching the football team run out on to the field before the game started. Something caught my eye. It was a young man walking next to his dad. I love this kid - - and I love watching him with his father. There is something about the way he carries himself when he is with his dad. He is confident…brave…unshakable.

Then I noticed a sweet little boy playing all by himself. He was actually setting up hurdles…for what reason I have no idea - -mind you he was only about 3. He was okay, but he was completely vulnerable…exposed…all alone.

I began to think about the way I look when I am truly walking with my Father. Do I look like the young man or the little boy? I would love to say that my walk of faith looks like the young man. Completely covered in my Father’s love and guidance…confident in whose I am and where I am going…unwavering in devotion. But more often that not, I look like the little boy. Playing all alone just trying to figure life out. I am exposed and completely vulnerable to satan’s attacks.

My heart cry is that I will take on the role of the young man. I want to be under the umbrella of my Father’s Sovereignty without fail. Today, if you are playing alone, setting up hurdles for no reason, look to your Father. He is waiting to give you perfect direction…walk with Him, won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment