Thursday, January 21, 2010

to build a house

This weekend I got to go to OKC and help one of my sisters move into her new house. It was so much fun!! Her new house is gorgeous! As I was walking down the stairs, I started looking around. The more I looked the more detail I noticed. I began to think about how many different people it took to build her home - - the list is amazing. From the contractor to the trim carpenter to the landscape men. I was blown away.

On the way home I let the days thoughts sink in. Then I began to think about how many people it takes to build a church. Not a building or even one specific “church”. But a church as God intended it. A group of people living life together. God has given us each a different gift a different talent. We are called to use those gifts each day. When we all live life together as we are supposed to our gifs can do remarkable things. I prayed on the way home for God to reveal His plan for my gifts to me and to show me where I can use them. Today pray with me. What are your gifts and where are you using them? Are you building a house for His glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment