Thursday, January 21, 2010

the word

I was walking through the office earlier today and happen to see one of my co-workers reading a devo email I had sent out last week. I stopped and talked about it for a little bit. It was such a blessing to my heart to know that people really read the emails I send! I was overflowing with smiles! I got back to my cube, opened my bag and saw my bible. I carry it in my work bag so I can read it at lunch or on a break. My heart grew heavy as I talked to Jesus about my reading habits. Sure I carry my bible, but do I really read it like I should? Nope. It seems there is always something else that comes up and I end up skipping my devo time. Does anyone else do this? Then I realized that the joy I get in people reading my words pales in comparison to the joy my Heavenly Father gets when I read His Word.

Hebrews 4 says “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow…” Today my prayer…my ache is to get into HIS WORD every day and let it penetrate into my soul. It is Truth. It is living. It is His.

No comments:

Post a Comment