Thursday, January 21, 2010

there is a way out

Okay, ready for this one?

Last night Lily Beth and I got to go to Disney on Ice at the state fair! We were both so excited!! We got there and parked about 4 miles away from the arena! Still excited...I turned off the car got our things from the front seat and got out. I walked over to get Lil but her door was locked. Hmm…that’s odd. No big deal. Reached in my pocket to get my keys – NO KEYS. Still calm, I walked over to my door with the hope it was still unlocked. No luck. Okay…we are okay. Not going to panic. I am a resourceful girl…I can handle this. Walked over and told lily to sit tight for a second. I then proceeded to search the back of every truck around us. No exaggeration I looked in at least 15 truck beds. 15 of the cleanest truck beds in the state of Oklahoma. Now I was at the fair, surrounded by red neck trucks…that were spotless. No tools…no baseball bats…not even a coke can. Wow. so I thought, I will use my shoe. Looked down, have on tennis shoes. Really? The one time I leave my house not wearing stilettos. Still calm. Until I looked at Lil, who was now sobbing uncontrollably. Panic hits. Call John and am stunned that he can’t zap my car open from Central High…kind of thought he was magic. Finally see a guy on a golf cart. Wave him down and ask him if he has a bat. No bat. But he called the on site tow truck. Great. Sort of. 15 minutes later the truck gets to us. The guy gets out and starts the process. Lily still screaming. He is working slowly…I am trying to be patient. He took a small break at which point I wrapped a sweatshirt around my hand and started pounding on the front window. Turns out…car glass does not break easily…just hurts your hand. His cell phone rings…HE ANSWERS IT. WHAT?? He begins a conversation to his buddy telling him, “I am trying to get a baby out of a locked car…sure I can give you directions….blah blah blah…” mind you all this time I am crying, sweating, trying to sing to lily…looking like a psycho talking to a tinted window. I lost it. I walked around the car and said a few choice explitives to the man and asked for his crow bar thing so I could break the window. I am positive I scared the doodle out of him. He got off the phone. Took him about 5 more minutes and she was out! She was sweating and blotchy from crying so hard…I looked the same. We hugged and hugged and then she asked me why I yelled at that man! Whew, she was seemingly unscared…can’t say the same for the tow truck guy….

Learned a lot from last night. I thought it over on the way home. Cried again. I know she was safe, but she was scared. For those of you who know Lily, you know she is tender hearted…very dainty…and not at all what one would call brave. It broke my heart that I could not get to her.

How many of you have been there? How many of you are there now? Watching someone you love struggle and you can do nothing. How many of you are the Lily in the situation. Desperate for help…but thinking that no one coming for you? Allow me, if you will to lend some comfort. For all of you trying to convince someone that you ARE there…look at Jesus. He is doing the same for you. For those of you stuck in a locked car…you are not alone. You have a Savior on His way to get you out. Hold steady. Take a deep breath. You have intercessors praying you through it. Though it may seem you are alone in your fight…remember if you can’t see Him, He may just be grabbing a big bat to bust you out. He is there…you will be free…there will come a moment when the locks are opened and you can run to the arms of you Father. You can hug Him and cry together. He will hold you all the way home!!

Love you all!! and thanks for not judging me too harshly on yelling at the tow guy…I did pray about that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment