Thursday, January 21, 2010

satisfaction

This morning I was flipping through the radio stations on my way to work. I got to one station and they were playing Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. Of course I started singing along (and maybe dancing a little). As I was belting out the chorus, I thought…wow Lord this could be my theme song. I can't get no satisfaction - -I can't get no satisfaction - 'cause i try and i try and i try - -I can't get no, i can't get no…

I struggle with discontentment more than I would care to admit. Just like those lyrics say I try and try and try to find satisfaction but it is not there. Because I am looking in all the wrong places. I seek fulfillment from my family, friends, job and money. I even look for satisfaction in all my “good works”. I always come up short…I am always lacking. You know the Lord is big when He can speak to you through a Rolling Stones song. Where are you looking for satisfaction in your life? If you are looking anywhere but in His love and glory, you are looking in all the wrong places. Stop trying so hard…it’s right in front of you!

**who is still singing that song in their head?**

No comments:

Post a Comment