Thursday, January 21, 2010

mini van and the rope

Last night on the way home I was stopped at a stop light. There was a mini van next to me. The light turned green and off we went. The mini van pulled slightly ahead of me…just enough for me to see the rope. There was a rope wrapped all the way around the little van. I looked more closely. The van had obviously been in a collision of some kind and the door was pretty smashed in. You know what? The rope was holding the door on! The reasons for tying the door on with a bright yellow rope are none of my business, but it sure made interesting thoughts on my way home!

Do you ever feel like that little van? Do you feel like your life is tied together with a very small rope? Sometimes I feel like everything in my life is unraveling…like it is all about to just fall apart. And a lot of times when I have this feeling, I grab a rope and tie things on. Why do we do this? Why do we try and fix everything on our own? If I would let go of my need for control and take my life to my Savior, He would put it all back together. And He wouldn’t need a rope! Let go of all you think is keeping you tied together and let God put you back together in a way only He can…

No comments:

Post a Comment