Thursday, January 21, 2010

its all yours

Saturday night I got to go to OKC and see sweet baby Conner. He is perfect by the way! I was in love in an instant! On the way to the city I was listening to a Steven Curtis Chapman CD. I kept replaying his song its all Yours. I love this song. I have really been struggling with some things lately and I needed to be reminded that it all belongs to Him.

When I got to Lola’s house and held sweet Conner I just cried. I realized that just as I had done with my daughters, Lola has to give Conner back to our Heavenly Father. We are called to give everything and everyone to our Creator. I just sat and held him and cried sweet tears as I prayed over his perfect little heart. On the drive home I played the song again and turned the volume way up. I cried and sang and prayed that I would live my life in complete surrender to Christ….giving everything good and bad to the cross.

Wherever your life is right now…at this very moment….it belongs to Him. If you got a promotion or found out you are having a baby, or you just got your first new home or your first love….ALL the joy and glory are His. If you got a bad report from the doctor….if you are battling ongoing illness and pain…if your marriage is hurting….if money never seems to go far enough….the pain, worry, frustration and fear all belong to your Savior. If you let it go, it will become His. And if you think for a moment that you can handle it on your own…you are very mistaken. If God could create the world in 6 days and send His only Son to die for you….don’t you think He can handle your life’s troubles - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment