Thursday, January 21, 2010

the wrong medicine

So, today will mark day 7 of my new friend…the tension headache. It is unreal. I have never had to deal with headaches much so this is new territory for me. Last Thursday, the doctor called in a prescription for Imitrex, because we thought I was having a migraine. Turns out, if you take migraine medicine for a headache that is not a migraine it doesn’t help. In fact, it made it worse.

This weekend I thought about all the medicine I have tried to use to make this headache go away. In thinking about that, my thoughts turned to all that I try to do to fix things in my life and my heart. I have a system of “fixes” for about everything I go through. I work and work to make the hurt, fear or frustration go away. I search in every area I can to make it all go away. And you know what…nothing works and a lot of times I make it worse. Because I am taking the wrong meds. Why do I try to fulfill my life through worldly things when the Truth is right in front of my eyes waiting for me to grab on.

Ask yourself – what am I trying to fix my life with? If it is anything other than the Saving Grace of Jesus…you are taking the wrong stuff…

Love you all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment