Thursday, January 21, 2010

working for you

Today, I had an interview with a client. I asked her if she was looking for a job to which she replied, “as long as the state will buy my food and pay my housing, I am going to be a stay at home mom.” You can only imagine the anger that welled up in my heart. Of course YOU can stay home with your babies, I am working to pay your living expenses while my children are in day care. Man, I was hot. I couldn’t believe she said that out loud to me. After she left, I stayed in the interview room for a few minutes.

I sat for a moment and the Lord reminded me of a verse. John 10:10 says, “I have come that they may have life, and have life to the full.” I have thought about that all day. He gave His life so that I could live my life to the fullest. As the day has continued my heart has become less angry. If He gave His life and has no bitterness or regret, who am I to hold those things in my heart? While it is not an easy task, I have to remember that my sacrifice pales in comparison.

And to all you working moms out there who carry that tinge of “mommy guilt” drop it. Leave it at the cross where it belongs. You work to provide for your children and in that, there is no room for guilt. You are amazing and appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment