Thursday, January 21, 2010

strighten up

I have had a couple of rough days this week. Life and all it holds has smacked me upside the head lately. Yesterday as I was walking into McCoys to get keys made, I noticed myself in the glass door. I had to look twice because it didn’t look like me. My shoulders were slumped over and I looked as I felt in my heart…like I was carrying the weight of the world all by myself. I looked burdened…

Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”. God spoke those words to my heart yesterday as I looked in that glass door. He reminded me that His Son took the walk to Calvary so I would never have to carry such heavy burdens.

Today if you walk is more slumped over than normal be willing to let go of all you carry. Listen and obey as He says, Straighten up sweet child. The burden is now mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment