Thursday, January 21, 2010

do your part

Yesterday I had a client say something to me that truly astounded me. We were discussing the decrease in the food stamps on the case. This client said, “do you expect me to buy my own food?” Hmm…sometimes I think my clients have this thought but I have honestly never had one say it out loud. My only response was, “mmm hmmm.” Could not think of anything else to say.

I was working on this particular client’s case again today and really began praying about what they had said to me. Do I treat God like this? He gives me the tools I need and the light to show me the way and still I expect more from Him. I expect to just sit around and get every blessing He offers with nothing from my end. I am my client. Wow.

My whole heart cry today is that I will do more than my part. I want to go above and beyond for His glory. I know I will forever be undeserving of His grace. I will recognize He gives us the tools we have to do our part. I will not be expectant of more when I am completely and utterly blessed to call Heaven my Home. Jesus did His part…it is time that I do mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment