Thursday, January 21, 2010

i just need to...

Last night John and I were double-teaming Claire Bear. A note about my youngest - - she hates getting her diaper changed. The only things she hates more than that is putting clothes on. Wow. it is a challenge to say the least! Our sweet girl can squirm with the best of them! We had an idea last night. John was going to give her a bottle while I got her dressed. So, I put the pj top on her and john put the bottle in her mouth. Needless to say it did not work. She just had to hold the bottle. She wouldn’t let john hold it for her. The plan completely backfired because she could not hold the bottle and get the sleeves on… gee whiz.

While we were laughing at ourselves for our attempted trick, God showed me that I am Claire where the control of my life is concerned. I will let Him have a lot….almost all of the control. But I just have to keep one hand in the work. I need to have a portion of the control which always leads to confusion, distraction and mess. If I would let Him be completely Sovereign in my life, things would go much more smoothly. Praise the Lord I am a work in progress. As I prayed to give up control He reminded me of Phil. 1:6 which says “He who began a good work in you….will be faithful to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.” For all of you who belong to the control freak club….there is great Hope for us yet….

Love and hugs on this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment