Thursday, January 21, 2010

steady

Yesterday, I was walking out of church. I was holding Claire, her bag, and Lily’s hand. I had about 10 steps to go down. A gentleman at our church came up and offered to help. Being prideful, as I am sometimes, I almost said no. Before I could - his arm was under my elbow steadying me as I carried Claire and helped Lily Beth down all those steps. I was relieved because I was just a little off balance -

Why are we so full of pride? How many times have you turned down an offer for help? Even if it is just a little help, like a steadying hand. This gentleman showed me a picture of God yesterday. God sees that we need help and He is there to steady us. Maybe just for a moment…but He is there. Why is it so difficult for us to relinquish control and let God step in and steady all that is off balance in our lives?

Are you off balance today? If you are, He is there to steady you…

No comments:

Post a Comment