Thursday, January 21, 2010

the smell

Yesterday, I overheard someone in my office talking about the “smell” in our hallway. She was referring to our clients and their bathing habits, or lack thereof. I would be lying if I said the thought hadn’t crossed my mind. But as I took in what she was saying I began to hurt with shame and disappointment in my own heart. Yes, the smell is bad and sometimes almost overwhelming. And with the hot weather approaching, the smell will not get better…

God opened my heart yesterday. He gently asked me to consider my sin as a smell. If all the sin in my life came out as a scent, would people be willing to wrap me up in a big hug every day? My guess would be no. The great part is that my Savior never notices the smell. He takes me in and loves me just as I am - -asking nothing from me except that I let Him wash me clean. Today if you are in a place with smells you don’t appreciate, I ask that we all remember we are only clean because Jesus blood made us that way. Today, God is challenging me to embrace to smell. For He sent His Son to clean those that are dirty….and in His Name, I am called to do this very thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment