Thursday, January 21, 2010

the physician

Yesterday Claire woke up with the croup. With all of her allergy / asthma difficulties we have trained ourselves to listen for her breathing. This was a cough and congestion I have never heard. I took her to David and Sherrie’s to make sure I wasn’t overreacting as I sometimes can…especially where Claire’s breathing is concerned. We all decided she needed to go to the doctor. When I got her to the office the doctor listened to her for a long time…checked her oxygen levels…the works. He said she had a respiratory virus and the croup. He said it was very good that we brought her in because the croup can be dangerous for babies with asthma.

This morning on the way to work I was praying for Claire. I began to think about my spiritual life and how much better it would be if I checked things before they got too bad. Instead of allowing a sin to become a stronghold…repent and seek strength the moment the sin occurs. Instead of allowing myself to become spiritually empty…why not be refreshed daily by His heart. Apologize and heal a broken friendship before a lifetime of anger and bitterness has passed.

How are you today? What is it in your life that you have let go too far? Why wait any longer…The Great Physician can heal your heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment