Thursday, January 21, 2010

the co-pilot

This weekend, Lily and I were driving. She was up front with me. *for all of you who are yelling at me right now - - no worries. She was in a car seat…air bag on her side turned off…and we went about 1.5 miles* She is the best co-pilot! She was so excited to be up front! She was giggling and singing – so much fun! Later in the day, we were going as a family into town. I was in the passenger seat up front and John was driving. Needless to say, I am not the best co-pilot. I always have suggestions on how to help john drive! I am just sure that he needs my help getting us safely to Wal-Mart.

I really thought about the difference in Lily and me in the co-pilot position. She is the perfect example of how we are to live our lives when we are Christ focused. She did not try to help me in any way. She knew I was in control and would get her safely to our destination. She just did her part and enjoyed the ride. Me on the other hand…well… I would like to give a shout out to all the other control freaks out there! But you know what - - God is in control. He doesn’t need my advice, opinion or controlling mind set. He’s got me. He will get me where I need to go. All He asks is that I get out of His way so He can.

Today, if you are having trouble being in control of your life, remember that is not your job. He is the controller. He is your anchor. Get out of His way and let Him be the Sovereign Lord of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment