Thursday, January 21, 2010

the salad

For lunch today, I had a salad. It was big and has tons of veggies! And it had grilled chicken in it also! As I ate, I noticed that I was picking out the chicken first then all my favorite veggies. As I got nearer to the end of my salad I saw that there was a ton of lettuce left. Lettuce is not my favorite so I left it there…

I do this with Jesus also. I pick and choose my favorite parts about being a Christian. I pick and choose what parts of the bible I want to read and take to heart. I like the verses that make me feel encouraged and loved….leaving behind the ones that convict my heart about how to live a better life. To get all I need for my physical body, I have to eat all the salad, not just my favorite part. The same goes for my spiritual life - - if I want full nourishment, I have to take it all. The conviction, the forgiveness, the grace and the love. Together, it makes us complete and mature Christians, not lacking anything (James 1:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment