Thursday, January 21, 2010

above and beyond

On Sunday morning I went into my bathroom and noticed that John had changed the roll of toilet paper. The most amazing part about this was that he had actually put the new roll ON the holder as opposed to just sitting it on top of the empty one like he usually does. I hugged him and said, “thank you for putting the toilet paper ON the holder…what a man!” to which he replied…. “you know, I thought I would go above and beyond today…thanks for noticing!” Wow, my husband!!

I laughed about that comment most of the morning! what a boy thing to say!! As we walked outside to go to church I finally stopped and acknowledged that fact that My Creator had gone above and beyond. Much like this beautiful morning, the sun was shining and there was no humidity! Most of the time, I forget to thank Him for the everyday things. Just like the toilet paper roll…it may be something very small, but He loves when we notice. Notice the sun, the green grass, the trees and the fact that I am blessed to be here on this earth sharing His Name with someone. Today, I am going to praise Him for all his love and all the times in my day He goes above and beyond. Join me won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment