Thursday, January 21, 2010

the gentleman

Today a man went out of his way to hold the door for me. I love to be treated like a lady…makes me so happy! As I was walking I thought about how this gentleman showed me a great example of Christ. Christ is the ultimate gentleman. He will never force His way into our lives. All throughout scripture we are given examples of Christ’s non-pushy ways. When he asked Peter to walk out to Him on the water - - He waited as peter hesitated. He did not push. He says “come to me all you who are weary and burdened” and He waits as we decide if we want to come to Him. In Revelation He says, “here I am, I stand at the door and knock” He doesn’t break down the door. He knocks and He waits.

Is Christ waiting on you today? Is He knocking on the door of your heart? If He is, don’t hesitate another moment. For when you answer you will find life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment