Thursday, January 21, 2010

stuck

Last night Lily was playing and she decided that she could fit between the couch and the table. Well, she almost fit – but of course she got stuck. She just looked at me at first like - - stink. I did this now I have to ask for help out - - She attempted to wiggle out on her own to no avail. Then she decided to play right there for a while! So silly! She got comfy (mind you she was not hurt!) playing there so she just stayed put. It took her a while, but when she did ask for help and I was right there to get her out.

The last few weeks I have been in a pit. It is a pit I got myself into and a pit that I have been all too comfortable living in. Anyone been there? It took me more than a little while to decide I needed help out. More than that, I decided that I needed help wanting out. I had become so comfortable in my darkness that I didn’t have a desire to leave. I asked a couple of prayer warriors in my life to intercede for me. The first day, I couldn’t feel the prayers…because I chose not to. When I finally decided to let down my walls and let the prayer in, the pit became less comfortable. I began to ache to be free. And by yesterday I was able to call on the Lord myself. I called to Him and He was there. He showed me the most beautiful picture as He lifted me out of my darkness. There along the way…my friends…my intercessors cheering me on. God heard their prayers on my behalf and used them to give me the desire to be free.

Where are you today? Are you too comfortable in a pit of your own? You don’t have to be transparent with me, but I urge you to be transparent with someone. Don’t let the cool darkness of your pit become your new home. If you don’t have the desire to pray your way out, ask someone to pray that you get the desire to be free. As comfortable as you may be in your pit…it is time to be free.

Isaiah 49:9I will say to the captives, 'Come out,' and to those in darkness, 'Be free!' "They will feed beside the roads and find pasture on every barren hill

No comments:

Post a Comment