Thursday, January 21, 2010

its in my eyes

On Saturday we were all in the car driving to Walters. Lily was in the backseat. She yelled to us, "the sun is in my eyes." Sure enough the birght sunshine was beaming on her! There was no blocking it. We tried everything, but we just couldn't get the sun out of her eyes...

The lesson of her sweet words didn't sink in until later that night. When life frutrates me, I tend to search for solutions in all the wrong places before I go to God. I want to handle it all on my own. I was doing just this on Saturday night. I finally stopped and tried to let my mind rest. When I cleared the rest of the world out....I could finally hear the Lord speaking to me. The Son is in your eyes....He is right there....stop trying to block Him out. Again, through the eyes of a child - -

I always try to block out the Son, because I think my way is better. I think I should be in control. And I fear what God will ask of me if I truly let Him be soveregn in my life. See, the SON is always shining on us. His light cannot be blocked no matter what we do. We can ignore Him, but we can't block HIm. Today instead of complaining beucase the sonshine is so bright.....bask in His glory and praise Him because He chooses to shine on us...

No comments:

Post a Comment