Thursday, January 21, 2010

stand in

This morning I got to the gym, worked out and headed to the locker room to get ready for work. I was feeling oh so great about myself showing that ugly pride I tend to have and then I looked and realized that I had forgotten my hair dryer. Stink. Man, just when I was feeling so cool – now I have to have wet hair all day. Then I had the brilliant idea to use the hand dryer thing in the bathroom. This particular hand dryer has ridiculous force so I thought, why not? I was half way through the process when I looked and noticed some feet next to me. Uhh…

So, here I am with semi- dry hair thinking about what I learned this morning. While the hand dryer was an ok stand in, it was nothing compared to an actual hair dryer. In my spiritual life, I use lots of stand ins. I try to live my life looking for fulfillment - but when it is all said and done nothing compares to knowing and living in Jesus. You can try a million different things, but you will be left unfulfilled, discontent. Today, ask yourself. What are you using as a stand in? Are you living your life with semi-dry hair? If you are, let me assure you it’s not worth the effort. He is the only One that will never leave you in semi – standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment