Thursday, January 21, 2010

why wait

So, today is my EO day here at DHS, which means I see walk-in clients who qualify for expedited food stamps. It is usually nuts. Today I had one client in particular that was very assertive in telling me he needed food stamps TODAY. He said he had been without food for a week now…

That made me wonder…why didn’t you come in last week sir? Then God asked me, “don’t you do the same to me little miss?” OH. And you know what? I do. I wait around until I am in a real bind, and then I go to Him. Why do we do this? Why do we, like my clients, wait until we are in an emergent situation before we go to the only one who can really provide for us? He wants us to come to Him first thing. No hesitating. If we would do this, we would find our journey a much more peaceful one to be on. Today, if you are like me, pray that we will stop putting Him off. Today, my Lord will be my first stop….not my last….

No comments:

Post a Comment