Thursday, January 21, 2010

look up

On Sunday, John and I had to leave church a little early. I sit in the choir, so I told him to watch for me to get up so he could follow. I got up and walked into the hallway to meet him. I waited and waited. No john. He finally looked up at the choir and noticed that I was gone, so he came out to meet me. I thought, what a perfect devo moment. I had my devotional all ready to go for Monday morning. Monday morning came around and zero. I woke up in a horrible mood….Claire was sick…had to iron clothes…blah blah. Was so frustrated that I cried all the way to work. Definitely no devo yesterday…I just couldn’t write it.

On the way home the Lord spoke to my heart. He said Meagan, this morning when you woke up…did you look up? God is really good at using my devotionals to convict my heart. Just like John – he forgot to look up therein missing my signal that it was time to leave. I forgot to look up and my day was awful. I forgot to look up to my Father and ask Him to join me in my day. I forgot to look up and I missed the message that I live forgiven. I forgot to look up and praise Him for all my blessings….so I missed the blessing of a beautiful crisp morning. It is amazing what you miss when you forget to look up….

No comments:

Post a Comment