Thursday, January 21, 2010

give it all

Okay, I am a candy fanatic! Love candy! I have a super cute candy dish for Halloween up in my cube ( it is a big ceramic witches shoe!! Too cute) I try to keep it full. The other day I was getting so frustrated because the same people kept coming and taking all the candy. Umm..hello…one piece at a time. The more they took the angrier I got. I was going over all this in my mind and I finally stopped and listened to God’s still small voice…

Meagan…this is a picture of how my love works. Huh? Sometimes I have to ask a couple of times before I get the concept. The more I prayed and listened I realized that I do this to God a lot. I take and I take…some days giving nothing back in return. But He never stops giving. All He ask is that I praise and glorify Him in all I do. but when I don’t….His love does not stop. See, I have to give with no expectation. I have to love without expectation. When I offer candy…I have to offer it wholeheartedly….to everyone. No matter how much they take. If they want the entire bowl – I must be willing to give it all….or I am not really willing.

Today my goal is to be thankful that God gives His love and grace to be in such awesome abundance. My prayer is that I will give to others in the same manner…

No comments:

Post a Comment