Thursday, January 21, 2010

daddy God

The other night, we were all (john, lily, Claire and myself) playing in the girls’ room. Lily really wanted to move the stroller, but was having trouble. John tried to help, but she really wanted to do it herself. John said, “if you will let daddy, I will help you.” Hmmm….

This statement was said to my daughter, but I know God was saying, “ Meagan Beth, if you will let me, I will help you.” IF will let Him. This is a hard thing for me. I am a huge control freak. I will hold on to the very last second before I really let God in. But He is there waiting. Crying out to me to let Him take over. It is also hard for me to call on Him as Father. I was raised by a single mother and was not close to my dad until I was about 23. So, to call Him Abba Father, my daddy God, requires complete surrender on my part. If you are like me I pray this for your heart and mine.

Abba Father, my daddy God… you are big enough. You want the very best for my life and I ask right now that you help me let go of all the control I am holding on to. I ache for you to be Sovereign in my life. You are the controller of all Heaven and Earth -- - help me trust you to be the controller of my life. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment