Thursday, January 21, 2010

no hesitation

This morning Lily hopped up at 5:45! John and I were getting ready in our room. Lily was in the kitchen and said, “daddy I need to hold you.” He was right in the middle of getting his bag ready for school, but he did not hesitate…he dropped his stuff and went right to her to pick her up. This is not an unusual thing for John. If one of our girls wants his attention, he goes. He never asks them to wait. I am bad about saying, “give momma one second to finish this…” Not John. His daughters know that when they call on him, he is there…no question.

I love this about my husband. Love. he is amazing in just about every way a person can be, but to watch him be a dad is just incredible. He shows our girls such a beautiful picture of God’s love for them. It is just beautiful.

Two things came to mind this morning as I watched them play. The first was praising my Father because He comes to me the very moment I call on Him. If I am in need…He is there. I sometimes forget that about Him.

The second was – am I as quick to answer Him when He calls on me? Nope. I can answer that without a second thought. I am quick to say, “of course Lord, I will do that….when I get ready….when I have time….when I am done with….” I shudder to think of all the missed opportunities to share the love of Christ because I am too busy.

Today my prayer is one of praise and conviction. I am eternally thankful that God is so ever present. And I pray that I become more willing to be a without hesitation Christian.

Love you all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment