Thursday, January 21, 2010

you know better

This morning, I heard a co-worker use the phrase, “you know better.” This is something I have said to Lily Beth. “You know better than that….” After I heard that phrase used this morning, I wondered - - what if she doesn’t know better?

As Christians we are taught the scriptures. We are taught that above all, Jesus loves us. Sometimes I think we mistake the power of Satan. I think that we diminish the power he has to get into our thoughts and break up even our most solid foundational truths. Today I am wondering how many of us are living life believing a lie? How many of us are walking around believing the things Satan has convinced us of? We know better, and yet we are living as though we have never heard the truth…

2 Corinthians 10: 5 reads, “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”

I challenge you today. Every time you think something that you know is not from Jesus, take that thought captive. Make that thought obedient to Christ that very moment. Do not entertain it for even one second. Because with Christ on our side, we can demolish everything that sets itself up again the TRUTH of Jesus. His truths are the only thing worth living for…

No comments:

Post a Comment