Thursday, January 21, 2010

check your basket

Yesterday at the end of the day, I sorted through my in basket. For all of you that have an in basket, you understand the daunting task this can be. As I sorted I found something I had been waiting on for about a week. I looked at the date on it and it had been turned in just a day after I had requested it. Thankfully, I was still on time with the task that had to be completed, but it shook up my nerves to think I could have missed a deadline because I did not go through my basket properly - -

Then God asked me, “What else have you put in your basket?” Stink. Got me again! I am the queen of putting things in my “basket.” Sin, shame, hurt, anger, frustration, even peace….it’s all in my basket. I convince myself that I don’t have time to deal with it at the moment, so I throw it in my basket. Days or even weeks later I will notice that I haven’t dealt with things the way I should have. Yesterday God called me to clean out my basket. As He gently showed me things I have put off, I began to feel lighter as the basket emptied. What’s in your basket today? When did you put it there and why are you leaving it? Don’t you think it is time to let Jesus help you sift through it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment