Thursday, January 21, 2010

what's next

Last night after dinner, my sweet husband offered to do the dishes so I could watch Biggest Loser. He is wonderful! I was in the living room watching and I kept hearing Miss Lily ask, “What’s next daddy? What’s next?” I walked around the corner and witnessed the most precious sight. Lily was on a step stool helping john wash dishes. They would get one done and then came the question, what’s next?

As I watched my husband and my sweet girl I thought, why don’t I ask that question more often. I just take off on my journeys, rarely stopping to ask, “What’s next Lord?” I get the ok to take one step and think I have been given the ok to do all the steps. In my life, if I would stop and ask about every step, every decision, things would run much more smoothly. Today, stop and ask your Abba Father, your Daddy God - - what’s next? I promise He will light the path…one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment