Thursday, January 21, 2010

hop up

Morning all. Sorry for the lack of emails. I have been out until today. Thank you to all who prayed for John’s family through the weekend. The funeral went really well. Please keep Grandma in your prayers as she learns to adjust to life without Granddaddy.

This morning I went in to wake Lily up. She is so funny in the mornings! If she gets to wake up on her own she is really happy. But, when we have to wake her up…wow. I kissed her and said good morning beautiful girl. To which she replied “no…” in her tiny whiney voice. I said, Claire is awake. She said, “no.” Daddy’s awake. “no.” Momma’s awake. “no.” oh my! So I backed off and gave her a little space. She sat up and just glared at me for a while. I really did my best not to laugh at her! After about 10 minutes she crawled out of bed and came over and hugged me and said, “my baby sister is awake?! Where is she?” love her sweet heart even in her grumpiness.

How many of you wake up like that? Our Heavenly Father says “good morning sweet child.” And we grump back at Him with a “NO” Not today Lord. Stop bugging me. He gives us a million reasons we have to be thankful to wake up and we still reply “no.” This morning was such a bold picture of how I act when God is doing His best to show me all the blessings in my life. I grump and grump. Then thankfully through His imminent patience, He waits. He gives me time to see that His plan, His love and His day really are sweet things to wake up to. Today I pray that you see that His life for you is a sweet blessing. Stop grumping and let His love fall all over you…

No comments:

Post a Comment