Thursday, January 21, 2010

whose plays are you running

This season has brought new weather and lessons for my little family. We are all adjusting to life as a coach’s family. I love it!! Absolutely could not do life as well as we do without John’s parents – they are our greatest help. I am learning to adjust to late nights and odd times. I like when john gets home and tells me about practice. He was telling a particular story last night and I began to think about the boys on our team.

During summer practice, they were pumped up! Came out the first game – did exactly what they had been taught and won! Second game they were a little overly confident, got beat. Third game…run ruled. As I thought this through, it occurred to me that my spiritual life is a lot like this season of football. When I first became a Christian I was on fire, pumped up! I was winning battles left and right! I was unstoppable. Then I got a little big for my britches. I started to forget what I had been taught…started to run plays on my own. Got beat a few times and eventually pummeled by satan’s attacks.

The funny part to me is that when the boys do exactly as the coaches have taught…victory. When I do exactly as God has taught me…victory. Why we choose so many times to go outside of our teaching I will never know. Are you running plays you have been taught? Or are you running plays you have made up?

Love you all!! I haven’t said it in a while, but thanks for reading and sharing these with others! I pray each time I send one that God is reaching the hearts of the lost and the found…

No comments:

Post a Comment