Thursday, January 21, 2010

lost

This morning, I parked in a new place here at the hospital. I had to go in a different entrance than I am used to so when I got into the hospital I was completely turned around. At one point I found myself in a very long hallway in what seemed like a dungeon. I straightened up my shoulders and bravely walked toward what I thought was a doorway. I got to the end only to find that the doorway was for people who had an access code…that person I am not. I stood there…took a breath and said, “Show me the way Lord.” A few moments after my whole hearted, half afraid prayer a man stepped into the hallway and asked what I was doing there. I replied as honestly as I could “I have no idea. But, good morning to you!” He laughed and kindly volunteered to show me to my office.

I followed closely as to not get left in the CCMH dungeon alone. I watched him carefully as he taught me the way to go. When I finally sat down at my desk, 20 minutes after parking my car, I thought about how often I get off my spiritual path and end up alone in the darkness of my own choices. I thought of Psalm 86 that reads teach me your way o Lord and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart. My prayer today is to follow the teachings of My Lord so I will continue on His path…not getting lost trying to make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment