Thursday, January 21, 2010

well...i really

This morning I was getting the girls ready for school. This is my favorite thing to do! Usually on Sundays, I iron a weeks worth of outfits for everyone. Then I let Lily pick her outfit out of the five as the day comes. This morning she was looking at her two remaining outfits and she said, “I want my Minnie Mouse shirt”. I said, “well, Minnie is in the dirty clothes so you can choose from these two that are already ironed and ready to go.” Granted, she has no idea what ironed means! But in watching her, I saw a picture of myself.

I ask God for blessings…He gives them. Then I say, “well, I really wanted ______” you fill in the blank. Sure Lord, you have provided me with this nice house and cars but why can’t I have the bigger house and the better car? I like my furniture, but I would really like new. His blessings are abundant in my life, but always want more…or different. Just like Lily didn’t see that I had carefully chosen her clothes for the week, made sure they were clean and ironed and laid them out for her – I don’t always see how perfectly designed my life is according to His riches in Christ Jesus. Today my prayer is that I will not only see the blessings, but that I will be content with them and praise Him for all I have. For all I have is much more than I deserve

No comments:

Post a Comment