Thursday, January 21, 2010

it will hurt

Last night, Lily told us that her foot hurt. I said, “let me look at it.” She ran to her room yelling “no momma…it will hurt.” The last time her foot hurt, she had a splinter in it. It was not an easy process getting it out. She remembers the pain…not the joy of living splinter free.

So many of us are living life just like Lily. We remember the pain, so we guard ourselves from anything or anyone that could potentially hurt us. God calls us to love, to trust - we run. I might get hurt Lord…I would rather live with a splinter in my foot. We continue to live life hobbling around half-hearted – wholly guarded. 1 John 4:18 reads, there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out all fear. God calls us to let Him love us with a perfect love and through that we must love others. It is time to stop hobbling through life with a splinter in my foot. I will live unafraid in Christ. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment